From now on, our Work It Out Wednesday will have to double as Bridal Bootcamp because my dear friend and gym buddy-in-crime A is ENGAGED! Wooohooo!
We are super stoked for our darling A – congrats again boo! 😉
This morning’s gal workout was medium toughness in anticipation of Sarah killing us in her bootcamp tomorrow (we know it’s coming…). It was a nice way to mix things up and take it easy (especially since my stems are feeling those 7 miles from Monday night – eeeesh). Here is what we did:
Work It Out Wednesday Bridal BOOTCAMP!
Warm up: Jog for 5 minutes, while gossiping
Repeat this round three times. The time for each exercise is dependent on how long it takes the person with kettle bells to complete two sets of stairs (~1 min).
- Kettle Bell Walk Up Stairs (2 sets)
- Battle Ropes
- Hands to Elbow Plank
Repeat this round three times. The time for each exercise is dependent on how long it takes the person to lunge up and back down the basketball court (~ 60 – 90 seconds).
- Overhead Shoulder Press with Bar
We did a few sprints once we finished this round, since we were already on the basketball court (why not).
Repeat this round three times. Do each exercise for :30 seconds.
- Hang from the bar
- Ball balance
- Hold medicine ball out straight.
Cool Down: Walk until your heart rate slows. Gossip and foam roll 😀
All of these pictures above remind me of this fitness quote:
Um, apparently sh*t is about to go down in the Booyah-sphere every damn day, because you know that pineapple on top of my head happens every. single. morning. Woooooooooot! Pineapple power!
Speaking of pineapples, I had the best, juiciest, most delicious pineapple ever yesterday:
And I learned some new things, that I think everyone else needs to know too:
- You should store your pineapple on its side and turn frequently so the juice doesn’t all fall to the bottom (Also, you should only store your pineapple at room temperature for 1 – 2 days, but if you plan on waiting a little bit before eating it, you can store it in the fridge for a bit longer).
- If you fail at proper storage (see above), you can turn your pineapple upside down (good luck balancing it, I put mine in a chair to help) for 30 minutes before cutting it.
- You can use the end of your vegetable peeler to easily remove the eyes of the pineapple.
- Momma Booyah (that would be my mom) always taught us that pulling a leaf out of the crown was a sign of ripeness. I just went to verify this fact, and learned that is not necessarily true, and external color does not indicate ripeness either. Unlike other fruits, pineapples stop ripening when they are picked, because a pineapple draws its sweetness from starches in its plant base. Regardless, I will still pluck a leaf and smell the bottom of all of the pineapples in the grocery store anyway because that’s how I roll.
So now you know. *ding*
We had a lot of fun at our workout this morning, I hope you guys have just as much fun as we did, if you decide to put your hair in a pineapple and attempt this Booyah Workout. 😀 😀
Happy Hump Day everyone!! Hope you all have a great one today.