Okay, so the only thing we were turning up today was the level of chatting that was happening while we were “working out”. Today’s weekly gal workout was at about a Gossip Level 10 and a Workout Level 3.5. There was lots of stretching, some upper body, and plenty of ab workouts where it’s easiest to talk while doing them. We all had fun weekends and had lots of catching up to do! Here is our workout, which (bonus!) you can do without interrupting your weekend recap:
- Jog around the basketball court several times at a slow enough pace to enable talking while running
- Hang on the pull-up bar for 2 x 30 seconds to amp up your muscles in order to work up to that one glorious pull-up you’ll do someday – talking during actually takes your mind off of how bad your hands hurt (mental note: buy gloves!)
- Do the box-jump challenge and almost eat it because you’re not paying attention to where you’re jumping since you’re mid-recap (actually don’t do that, but that IS what happened to me)
- TRX Squats: the person with the story stands facing the others while filling them in on the deets
- Throw a half-assed circuit with 10 assisted pull-ups, TRX low-rows and TRX high rows into the mix just so you feel like you’re actually doing something
- Superman planks: Do these with your feet in the TRX like stirrups but then actually just lay down on the turf when you get tired and continue to gab like you’re at a sleepover in fourth grade
- Do a few various ab workouts while laying on the turf with your heads together so you can still hear about each others weekends: bicycles, sit-ups, reverse crunches, etc.
- Walking Lunges: walk up and down the gym’s basketball court while lunging and coordinated with your friends so you can continue to chat
- Sprints: Because we didn’t actually do any “real” cardio.
- Stretch for about 10 minutes and listen to the Second Date Update on the :10’s on 96.9 FM (spoiler alert: he took her to see 50 Shades of Grey for their first date, but she’s still going on a second date with him – say whaaaat!)
I mean, this was kind of a workout – right? Even though I was only sweating because it was like 82°F in the gym today?
PS: It was basically like this, but without all the pink: