Are you scratching your head and saying, “dude, WTF is that??” Don’t worry, I’ll tell you: it’s an award for bloggers from bloggers, to welcome new bloggers to the blogging community. (Woo, I feel very welcomed!)
I am super honored and jazzed to be nominated!! Let’s be honest – when I started off on this blogging journey a little shy of two months ago, I never believed that anyone would read my blog outside of my mom, my sister and my best friend. I am extremely thankful to all of you guys that actually read my blogchild B&B and get something from it (Ok, so that’s an assumption. Who knows, maybe you made that vegan pumpkin pie I posted and just threw it at the closest relative who was driving you up the wall on Thanksgiving)! Soooo many GIGANTIC hugs to you guys. Your comments and likes always make my day, and I am happy to know I’m not the only food/running/fashion/yoga obsessed veggie girl in the universe. Wooohoo! Let’s keep all this bloggy-ness happenin’, shall we? 😀 😀 😀
My job is to answer these questions from Earth Zen Mama and complete the rest of the rules below. Here we go…
1. What literary character would you be and why?
This is that hardest question ever. I really had to think about this one, and came back to it and changed my answer about a million times before I landed on this one: I would say Alice from Alice and Wonderland because of the magical elements, even though the Jabberwocky scared the absolute sh** out of me when I was a kid (Best friend B goes, “Dude, why?! That is the most terrifying book ever.” Well, I’m just a weirdo I guess). 😛
2. What one item would you take with you to a deserted island?
My cell phone to call for help after I was over drinking pina coladas on the beach all day by myself (K, so it might take three to seven days before I felt like any rescue attempts were necessary, but I would want it available for that moment) 😉
3. What are three characteristics that best describe you?
Passionate, outgoing and wild.
4. What motto do you live by?
Go big or go home.
5. If a song played every time you entered a room, what would it be?
“Push It” – Salt N’Pepa hands down. This song has been my ringtone since I had a cell phone (circa 2003 – bc I’m #1 in a hot party show) . Also, has anyone seen that new Geico commercial featuring them? AMAZING.
6. If you had to choose one thing to eat, and only that one thing, for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Smoothies. Because you can get all of your nutrients in there! Also, I’m beyond obsessed with trying new smoothie variations (And I could fulfill all my daily chocolate needs, and you can even put booze in there if you’re having a rough day!)
7. Who do you look up to the most? Why?
My older sister, because she does it all – she’s a Nutrition prof at a university, an amazing mother and wife, is wicked smart, and always gives it to you straight (but she will always listen and be there for you, no matter what). Life role model.
8. What do you do now that you never thought you would do?
Run far (like half marathon distance)! I never knew what I was capable until I set my mind to it and gave it a shot. It’s so liberating.
9. What’s your favorite part of your day?
The moment I sit down at my desk and eat breakfast after a super hard workout. Not only because I’m friggin starving, but I’m fresh and the day is full of possibilities. And I feel like a rock star after killing it at the gym. 😀
10. How do you find your Zen?
Taking a moment to breathe, whether it’s going for a run, cooking an amazing meal, getting my vinyasa on, or cheers-ing a glass of bubbly with my girls.
11. What are three things you want to achieve in the next three years?
- Run a marathon
- Get my masters degree
- Go to another continent
11 Random Facts About L:
I can touch my tongue to my nose.
I have serious dance parties every weekend when I get ready (all elevated surfaces are fair game).
I love to read (it’s a serious prob bc I’m running out of space for my books).
I chase people down to pet their dog.
I used to teach swim lessons at a summer camp and was a lifeguard.
I am the ADHD poster child.
I am afraid of heights, and as I think about them my hands are sweating on this keyboard.
If left to my own devices, I would float in the ocean all day (/I’m really a mermaid).
I used to have a stellar rock and bug collection as a kid (I’m still that nerdy, too).
I can’t go through a day without swearing (sorry Moms) OR sweating (mostly from workouts, but sometimes just cuz I’m half Italian). 😛
My greatest strength is my tenacity, and my worst quality is my impatience.
11 Questions from L:
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- If you could do anything right now, what would you do?
- What is your favorite memory?
- What are you reading right now?
- Where do you most want to travel, but haven’t been?
- What is your “Booyah“?
- How would your friends describe you?
- What is your biggest success up until now?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your fave ice cream flavor?
- What is the #1 most played song on your iPod?
The blogs I nominate for this award are:
Your job is to answer these questions in a blog post and spread the Liebe!
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).
Woop woop! Keep up all this fantastic blogging, friends!
PS: I totes love you guys. 🙂