I hate packing. I really do. There’s no rational reason behind it because in the grand scheme of things, it’s really not a big deal. I’m heading to Colorado for work/fun and here I’ll share my packing essentials. Due to all the luggage fees, I tend to stuff all the things I need into two carry-on bags. My “purse” or “under the seat” item contains all my immediate essentials for the plane ride. Here’s what I bring!
My “Under the Seat” Carry-on Contains:
- Laptop/wireless mouse
- Sunnies (for the “please don’t talk to me” nap time)
- Advil (in case of too many bubbles)
- Wet ones sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer – thanks to my sister, I now carry these in my bag everywhere! I immediately wipe down the surfaces that I touch on the plane (tray table, arm rests, etc) so I will not get sick! Thanks J for turning me into a germ-a-phobe, too.
- Vinyasa scarf (the best purchase from Lulu ever! I use it as a scarf, obv, but you can unsnap it and use it as a blanket, towel, shawl, etc – the options are endless and it’s come in handy many times over)
- Gum (for a mouth refresh)
- Snacks (a must! As a veg, I am always afraid of my protein options so I bring lots of granola/energy bars that are high in the prots: Builder’s bar, bare naked granola bar, Kind bar)
- Book (this one is about cadaver research so it’s sure to be a deterrent to any chatty seat mates)
- iPad mini (for the boredom)
- Liquids, wallet, business cards (self-explanatory)
- Water bottle! (Not pictured, but I literally bring a refillable water bottle EVERYWHERE)
This airport wifi is a little wonky, so stay tuned for part deux: the roller bag carry-on. 😉